Januar salg

I've been living in Norway for nearly 3 years. I've now come to the conclusion the best times to shop in one of the most expensive countries in the world is in January and July. January because it's after Christmas and you can find some pretty nice deals and July well, I'm going to take an educated guess and assume it's to try to lure customers in since so many people go on vacation that month.

After lunch with a friend last week, I stopped by the local shopping center and went into H&M. I found tons and tons of children's clothes for 30 kroner (about $3.95). I decided to stock up on bigger clothes for Pia to grow into later this year. I also found some clothes I know she will need for barnehage in the fall which were marked down quite a bit.

The weekend before last my husband and I were told about a sale on carseats at Barnas Hus. Some car seats were 40% off. The normal price of the carseat we purchased was about 4600 kroner ($605 USD), but we paid 2600 kroner ($342). Of course Pia doesn't need a new carseat now, but she will soon outgrow the one she's been sitting in since birth.

I found a fleece outfit at Barnas Hus 30% off. 

30 kroner shirts, dresses and leggings for the little one
from H&M. 

Next year's snowsuit for Miss Pia 50% off! 


At least in my experience here, I've noticed many sales in July as well. For example, last summer I bought a few packages of hair ties and other hair accessories for 5 kroner a piece at Glitter. It IS possible to find decently priced things in Norway. You just have to look a bit!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expat Life

The Dyne

Movie Title Translations